Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15, 2014

Wow!  It has been a LONG time!  Trust me that is a good thing even though I have left you all hanging!  Nothing big has been going on and if anything has come too I can't relay the information as good as Kel!  She did a Facebook post last week that I have been told to post on here and hey I think a week out isn't that bad!  Thank goodness for naptime and all the presents I can wrap are wrapped at this point! 

Kellies update:

It's hard to believe I've been home from the hospital for nearly two months! The #1 question I get is, "How are you doing?" and so far I haven't come up with a great answer. I remember thinking I wouldn't be able to wash my hair when I left the hospital due to lack of energy and strength and now that seems so long ago!
I feel good most of the time. Fatigue and adjusting to my new normal (weight lifting restrictions, energy conservation, checking sodium levels on anything I want to eat, and taking pills twice a day) are probably my biggest changes. A close second is not getting worried about every little feeling I have in my chest - stretches, tinges, hollow aches, light pressure, etc. (I should be an expert at describing the variety of feelings I have!). My cardiologist had me on an event monitor (2 sticky leads on my chest and abdomen that attached to a box I clipped on my waistband) for 30 days to track my heart rate due to the assortment of things I was feeling and I was happy to finally take that off last week. I will get results from the monitor this week. My weekly physical therapy (3x/week) helps; and, I still don't do much around the house. Amazing people are all around us that do household chores, help with the kids, drive carpool, chauffeur me to appointments, pick up groceries, bring in meals and provide moral support.
We met with my interventional cardiologist (artery surgeon) last week and he suggested we schedule surgery in January to try and stent my LAD one more time (the two attempts on 10/2 after the second heart attack were not successful). This is the most effective way to help my heart and I pray that I have recovered enough to successfully receive the stent. I have another appointment with my heart failure cardiologist this week and I look forward to his confirmation of my improvement. We increased the dose on one of my medications by 3x and my heart rate and blood pressure are tolerating it (these days, I hang out around 90/60). My pumping function (ejection fraction "EF") has increased from 28% on 10/12 to 35% on 11/24 (normal EF is 55% - 60%). The need for a pacemaker is usually at or below 35% and I still have about six more weeks to show improvement before a decision is made on that device. There is more healing to do, but all signs are positive.
I can't express my gratitude for the prayers, fasting, positive thoughts and well wishes that are continually made on behalf of my family. There isn't a day that passes that I'm not overwhelmed at the outpouring of support we are receiving from all of you and I firmly believe it plays a hand in the improvement I have made and the strength my family has been blessed with.

Many thanks,
k.

We were planning on getting family pictures after Kel had Mila and so they got postponed a bit.  We have been trying for a couple weeks but of course Saturdays is when the weather decides to make a turn for the worse!  This past Saturday we got two different locations, one that worked outside, one that worked outside but under a roof!  Right when I came to get on and write this we got the pictures so I decided to post how the pictures went when we first started(thanks to Kel she is keeping up her fashionably late status and this is what the picture resulted in right when they got there :)

























I'll save the under cover ones for later so that my parents get the chance to share it on their Christmas card :)

I'll be sure to take some pictures during Christmas and post them so I have something to post about for the time being.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment