Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014- Stars Can't Shine Without Darkness



I know I haven't been good at posting this weekend but it's because things have been really good and stable so I don't get any updates really to relay to anyone. 

Heidi and I went in to see Kel on Saturday with Mila.  She was in bed but when we walked in jumped up and got right in her chair to hold Mila.  She moved so fast I almost missed it all and didn't expect her to be moving so fast.  We sat and talked for awhile, laughed, and Kellie educated Heidi and I about things we weren't too clear on.  It's amazing to me how much she remembers and actually knows of what went on.  I did learn she got two new tears that Tuesday when she had another heart attack and that is why when they put the stents in two worked but one didn't take.  If I had known more about it I would have caught on to that meaning she had three tears now.  The doctors said it would be okay that the one didn't take because a lot of times your body and other parts of your heart can figure out how to get what needs to go to that part of the heart.  Isn't that amazing?

J came shortly after we were there and joined in on our conversations saying Kellie has a few years on him after this because it took it's toll on him :) At one point we were laughing so hard I was thinking this has to be good on her heart :) She also told us that when she was out walking the halls one of the doctors that was working on her the first few days she was in the ICU was there and she said "hi" to him and she said she could tell he was looking at her like who are you?  And she goes "it's me Kellie".  She said his face was in complete shock that she was out walking around like nothing had happened.  Hearing that shows how amazing it is where she is at right now.

Today my husband Shea went up to see her on his lunch break and she told him she had done two 1/3 mile walks and would do one more this evening to reach one mile!  Like I said my sister is a rockstar! She is so determined and isn't going to give up or miss a beat to get right back to where she was before. 

The only kind of update I have, is they are determining when they think she can come home! :)

To sum up this post my quote does have a meaning to it for me at least. 
First off, my sister is one of the brightest stars I have met.  I knew it already but now having this small dark time she has become even brighter in my sky than I ever thought. 
Second, everyone around my family.  We have said thank you a million times and will continue to thank you all.  People have been so supportive and helpful that  you guys have added to our sky of stars and we will never forget you and what you have done for us all.  So continue to shine bright and just remember at times of darkness you will shine brighter than before.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jodie! I'm Andy, Jason and Kell's friend that lives in California. I check your blog atleast three times a day. I have such a strong wish to be able to do something from here and feel helpless (as I'm sure you guys do too). Please give kell an extra hug from us in Palo Alto next time you see her. So, so, grateful to hear how well she's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Traveler Family!
    I just found out about Kellie last night - it broke my heart. She is beautiful and strong. My heartfelt prayers and thoughts go to all of your family in this time of need. May she continue with her miraculous recovery!!!
    Love to all,
    Donna :)

    ReplyDelete