Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October 8th, 2014

I had a busy night last night so sorry I didn't do an update.  I had work and then picked up Mila for the night so when I got home I had miss Mila to get ready for bed :)  All I can say is this week has been SO much better than I expected which I am so grateful for!  My nights with Mila are just like they were with Zola.  I would watch an episode of Private Practice then go back to bed.  So with Mila it's Pretty Little Liars, probably not the best middle of the night show if you watch it you probably know why it can cause you to be a little jumpy :)  J sent me a update and message last night from what happened yesterday so I will finally get to the updates you are dying to read!

Today was an action packed day but good.  Here is the latest:

Today they successfully removed the impella pump from Kellie's left leg.  Following the pump removal she had blood clots in her femoral artery that was restricting flow from her left thigh to her toes.  Four hours of surgery later they restored flow and also removed the balloon pump (#2).  She is now pump free and her stats are currently stable.

In true Kellie style she was able to get local anesthesia instead of being put all the way out.  She is awake, sharp and ready for a good nights sleep.

If her stats hold tonight and no further issues arise they will have her sit up for the first time tomorrow and she will be able to bend her legs.  We are hoping for more boring days for the rest of the week.

One more step forward that we are so blessed to take.  The power of prayer and a mother's will is truly amazing.  Please help us keep up the prayers and let's get this mama home :)

Thanks for your love and support,
Jason and Kellie

This morning has been a little crazy at my house well I guess now it's almost afternoon.  This little lady wants to be held after sleeping so good for her aunt Jod last night :)



 
 
Isn't she the cutest?  She is also now Two weeks old!  Did great getting her pku at the doctor the other day and is almost back to her birth weight.  So growing like a champ!
 


It's a little hard to tell but she has forehead fuzz that is so cute!  Defiantly has her moms hair!
 
 
I got a text from my mom just now since she is up with Kellie while J gets some rest and she said that they have taken out what they call the swan (tube that went in her neck and down to her heart) she still has the catheter in her neck, but not as much hooked and hanging from it.  They sat her up in the bed and let her legs hang, she got a little light headed so she didn't go to the chair.  She is rest after those big steps today and it is only getting better from here!

2 comments:

  1. Answered prayers! Love this update. She is so amazing and strong. I will continue to pray hard this week. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete